It looks as though we finally have some light at the ever-winding tunnel for the historic Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor boxing match.
That’s according to a report from Kevin Iole of Yahoo! Sports. Iole mentioned that the terms weren’t finalized but both men could cash paychecks worth over $100 million. The fight will be at 154 pounds and will be held in Las Vegas at the T-Mobile Arena according to Dana White. The MGM Grand Garden or the new T-Mobile Arena are the prime candidates to host the historic bout.
— Floyd Mayweather (@FloydMayweather) June 14, 2017
THE FIGHT IS ON. pic.twitter.com/KhW0u3jRft
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) June 14, 2017
Time to get behind it again. pic.twitter.com/dkmuQERtJu
— Coach Kavanagh (@John_Kavanagh) June 14, 2017
The fight could go down as the most-watched event in boxing history considering the promotional skills of both men. However, they’ll have their work cut out for them to convince boxing fans to drop down their money with Canelo vs. Gennady Golovkin scheduled for September.
Although it seems all parties are in agreement, PFL President Ray Sefo remains skeptical.
“I’ll believe it when they’re standing in the ring facing each other,” Sefo said.
Check out more reactions across social media below:
— Hi-Tech Lomachenko (@VasylLomachenko) June 14, 2017
For those wondering, the current betting line for Mayweather vs McGregor:
McGregor +500 pic.twitter.com/h02xFzZkxn
— Justin Hartling (@justinhartling) June 14, 2017
If you thought Mayweather-Pacquiaowas a waste of time, boy do I have a fight for you.
— Jeremy Schaap(@JeremySchaap) June 14, 2017
— Dana White (@danawhite) June 14, 2017
There's one interesting Mayweather-McGregor fight angle for me. Can Conor get in Floyd's head and make him do something out of character?
— Josh Gross (@yay_yee) June 14, 2017
Watch out for the left hand…
— Dave Sholler (@DaveSholler) June 14, 2017
In 4 years, ConorMcGregor went from making 8K/8K in first UFC fight to winning 2 titles to getting fight booked vs Floyd Mayweather. Insane
— Michael Stets (@Michael_Stets) June 14, 2017
The next 10 weeks will really be something, huh? I, for one, look forward to seeing the McGregor Show turned up to 11.
— Chad Dundas (@chaddundas) June 14, 2017
Floyd beat the Big Show and people actually think he's gonna lose to McGregor?? 💀 pic.twitter.com/IYGqLxJhLd
— WrestlinGifs (@WrestlinGifs) June 14, 2017
More Mayweather vs. McGregor:
– Legendary: Boxing Superstar Anthony Joshua Wants On Mayweather vs. McGregor Undercard
– Floyd Mayweather Heavy Favorite Over Conor McGregor In Potential $1 Billion Super Fight
– Floyd Mayweather: ‘I’m Officially Out Of Retirement For Conor McGregor’
– ‘Conor McGregor’ And His A-List Friends Crash Floyd Mayweather’s Birthday
– Anderson Silva Willing To Fight Roy Jones Jr. On Mayweather vs. McGregor Card
– Money Talks: Floyd Mayweather Offers Conor McGregor $15 Million To Fight
– Floyd Mayweather Paying Fans $10,000 To Help Troll Conor McGregor
– Conor McGregor Granted Boxing License, Mayweather Camp Says ‘It’s All A Game’
– Floyd Mayweather: Comparing Me To Conor McGregor Is ‘Total Disrespect’
– Floyd Mayweather Says Conor McGregor Fight Won’t Happen, ‘We Must Move On’
– CombatPress: Stop Taking Possibility of Floyd Mayweather vs. Conor McGregor Seriously
– Move Over Conor McGregor, Nate Diaz Says He’s The One To Beat Floyd Mayweather
– Floyd Mayweather Hypes Rumored Mega-Fight With Conor McGregor PPV Poster
– Mike Golic: Floyd Mayweather Doesn’t Need Conor McGregor… He’d Destroy Him
– Chael Sonnen: Floyd Mayweather Would Destroy Conor McGregor In Boxing Match
– Report: Conor McGregor Offered $50 Million To Fight Floyd Mayweather
– Freddie Roach Says He’d Train Conor McGregor, But Needs 3 Years To Fight Floyd Mayweather
– Joe Rogan: Floyd Mayweather Would Destroy Conor McGregor In A Boxing Match
– MMA vs. Boxing: Conor McGregor Adds Fuel To Floyd Mayweather Fight Reports
– Conor McGregor Still Wants To Fight Floyd Mayweather… If You Want Him To