On a 11-bout fight card full of action, Andre Harrison topped featherweight Steven Rodriguez at PFL: Everett, July 29 from XFINITY Arena in Everett, Wash. live on NBCSN and ProfessionalFightersLeague.com.
Two distinguished welterweight veterans of mixed martial arts joined Harrison on the packed slate. Yushin Okami, a veteran of 43 MMA fights, faceed a very tough Andre Lobato in the co-main event while Jake Shields battled Danny Davis Jr. in hopes of establishing himself as a top contender in the 170-pound division heading into 2018 League play. Bruno Santos and Rex Harris rounded out the live broadcast with a middleweight affair.
Yushin Okami (34-10) used his grappling skills to control Andre Lobato (25-7) on his way to a comfortable unanimous decision victory. The Japanese veteran pressed forward and kept the pressure on Lobato who could not keep the fight standing long enough to do much damage. In the end Okami impressed one judge enough and was awarded a 30-25 score while the other two saw it as a 30-27 score.
Jake Shields (32-9-1) put together one of the most lopsided scorecards you’ll ever see in mixed martial arts after dominating Danny Davis Jr. (13-12-1) over three rounds. After cycling through mount and back mount at will Shields attempted multiple choke attempts but Davis thwarted him at every turn. Shields continued to pepper him with short shots trying to open him up for a submission but his efforts proved futile. The judge’s tallies, when read, spelled out just how dominant Shields was. Scores of 30-24, 30-24 and 30-25 drove home the overwhelming nature of the win.
Bruno Santos (16-2) went to work early on the legs of Rex Harris (10-3) and it paid off late when the Brazilian was able to stalk his opponent around the cage, close the distance and win the exchanges on his way to a unanimous decision victory. The middleweight contender expressed his desire to fight for a title and he’ll likely get that chance when the Professional Fighters League kicks off their 2018 season.
- Featherweight Main Event: Andre Harrison def. Steven Rodriguez via UD (49-46 x3).
- Welterweight: Yushin Okami def. Andre Lobato via UD (30-27, 30-27, 30-25)
- Welterweight: Jake Shields def. Danny Davis Jr. via UD (30-24, 30-24, 30-25)
- Middleweight: Bruno Santos def. Rex Harris via UD (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
- Heavyweight: Josh Copeland def. Mike Kyle via UD (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).
- Heavyweight: Jared Rosholt def. Nick Rossborough via UD (30-25, 30-25, 30-25).
- Lightweight: Luiz Firmino def. Eddy Ellis via TKO, Rd. 1, 1:45.
- Middleweight: Louis Taylor def. Zach Conn via UD (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
- Heavyweight: Jared Torgeson def. Dale Sopi via Split Decision (29-28,29-28,28-29)
- Welterweight: Miles Hunsinger def. Andy Nigretto via UD (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).
- Welterweight: Puna Soriano def. John Gover via TKO (Strikes), Rd. 1, 2:36